Thursday, October 02, 2014

Odessa Massacre remembered:


Demonstrations will take place in several European capitals today to highlight the massacre which took place on 2nd May, 2014, in Odessa, Ukraine. In Dublin: Ukrainian Embassy, Strasbourg: European Court of Human Rights, Brussels: European Parliament, also in Warsaw, Rome, Madrid, Frankfurt and tomorrow, October 3rd, in Berlin. More events are planned for later in the month details of which will be published here.

Our message to the brave people of Odessa is: You are not forgotten, the Nazi criminals who committed the May 2nd atrocities against you will be brought to Justice: there is no hiding place for them.

Exhibition revealing the horror of the Odessa Massacre in Ukraine to open in Dublin:
An exhibition highlighting the massacre of Ukrainian trade unionists and political activists in Odessa on 2nd May 2014, opens on Sunday, 12th October, at 4.00 p.m. in the Teacher’s Club, 36 Parnell Square West, Dublin 1.

The exhibition will include photographs showing the events that surrounded the Odessa Massacre in which far-fright gangs killed at least 42 political activists. The exhibition also includes images from the conflict in other parts of Ukraine and a presentation by Oleg Muzyka, a survivor of the Odessa Massacre.

The exhibition is being hosted by Mobius, an organisation of Ukrainians in Ireland that seeks to highlight the violent activities of the fascist militias which support the Kiev Regime. The exhibition runs from Sunday until Friday, 17th October.

Mobius spokesman, Sergey Menshakov, said: “People in Ireland are largely unaware of the horrors that are being perpetrated by fascist gangs in the Ukraine. These gangs, which act in support of the regime that was installed in Kiev after the coup in February, have killed many men, women and children.“In Odessa in May political activists and trade unionists that were protesting for a federal Ukraine were chased into the local trade union hall. The building was then set on fire and as people tried to escape the flames they were set upon and killed by a fascist mob”. He added: “We are calling for a proper investigation of this mass murder and for the Irish people to be aware of the horror that is happening in another European country.”

The exhibition runs for one week from Sunday 12th October to Friday 17th October. Opening times are Sunday, 4.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. and Thursday 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.

For further information contact:

Mick Burke at 086 071 58 65 


The Odessa Massacre which occurred in the southern Ukraine coastal city on 2 May 2014, was pre-planned by a conspiracy of certain individuals, supporters of the Kiev Fascist Junta which overthrew the legal Government of Ukraine on 22 February 2014, only 24 hours after a solemn agreement was signed by democratically elected President, Victor Yanukovych, the EU and the Russian Federation on providing a more representative Government in Kiev and bringing forward the date of Presidential elections to satisfy demands of the Opposition in the Kiev Parliament. Overnight, Yanukovych was forced to leave Kiev following death threats from the fascist gangs which had emerged during the months of protest in Kiev against his Government provoked and financed by the US State department and private US “Democratic” organisations to bring about “regime change” in Ukraine and absorb the country into the NATO/EU aggressive bloc.

The Murderers Assemble:

Ten days before the tragedy a secret meeting was held in Kiev, chaired by the so called “acting president” (a position which does not exist in the Ukrainian Constitution} Olexander Turchinov, to organise a “special operation” in Odessa.  Also present were Junta appointed “minister of internal affairs” Arsen Avakov, the head of the Ukrainian Security Service Valentin Nalivaychenko ( a long time CIA agent who spent years in the US) whose presence meant that Washington was fully informed about the plan to organise mayhem in Odessa. Included was the Junta “secretary of the National Security and Defense Council” Andriy Parubiy. Ukrainian oligarch Ihor Kolomoiskiy, the Kiev-appointed head of regional administration of the Dnepropetrovsk region (Kolomoiski lives outside Ukraine in a villa in Geneva, Switzerland and reportedly has a stash of $6BN in banks there) was in touch with the meeting group by phone or other communication during the meeting in regard to the entire operation.

During the meeting  it was Avakov  who came up with the idea of using football hooligans, known as “ultras,” in the operation. Ever since his time as the head of the Kharkov regional administration he has worked closely with the fans leaders, whom he continued to sponsor even from his new home in Italy.

Kolomoisky offered control of his private army “Dnieper-1” Battalion to the command of law-enforcement officials in Odessa and also authorised a cash payment “bounty” of $5,000 for “each pro-Russian separatist” killed during the operation.

Some days before the operation in Odessa, Parubiy brought dozens of bullet-proof vests to local ultra-nationalists there.  Videos on the internet show the episode of handing the vests to the local “Maidan” activists in Odessa. The person who receives the load is Mykola Volkov, a local hard-core criminal who would be repeatedly screened during the assault on the House of Trade Unions, gun-shooting at the people and reporting about the “incident” by phone to an official in Kiev.

Preparations for Massacre

Ultranationalist militants from the extremist Ukrainian National Assembly (UNA-UNSO), who could be recognised by their red armbands, were also used during the operation. They were assigned a key role in the staging of the provocations: they masqueraded as the defenders of the tent city on Kulikovo Field, and then lured its occupants to the House of Trade Unions to be slaughtered.

Several roadblocks were set up outside of Odessa, manned by militants under the personal command of Kolomoisky’s “Dnieper-1” Battalion, as well as Right Sector’s thugs from Dnepropetrovsk and the western regions of Ukraine. In addition, two military units from the “Self-Defense of Maidan” another of the Fascist groups which had emerged in Kiev, arrived in Odessa, under the command of the acting head of the administration of the president, Sergey Pashinsky – the same man who was caught with a sniper rifle in the trunk of his car on Feb. 18 on Independence Square (Maidan) in Kiev. Pashinsky later claimed that he had not been fully informed about the plans for the operation and had dispatched his men only to “protect the people of Odessa.”Thus, there were a total of about 1,400 militants, mostly Fascists, from other regions of Ukraine in the vicinity at the time –thus rubbishing the Kiev Junta propaganda that there were “residents of Odessa” who burned down the House of Trade Unions.

The role of the Odessa police forces in the operation was personally directed by the head of the regional police, Petr Lutsyuk, and his deputy Dmitry Fucheji. Lutsyuk was assigned the task of neutralizing Odessa’s regional governor, Vladimir Nemirovsky, to prevent him from putting together an independent strategy that could disrupt the operation. Fucheji led the militants right to Greek Square where he was allegedly “wounded” (in order to evade responsibility for subsequent events).

The operation was scheduled for May 2 – the day of a soccer match, which would justify the presence of a large number of sports fans (“ultras”) downtown and would also mean there would be a minimal number of Odessa residents on the streets who were not involved in the operation, since the majority of the city’s population would be out of town enjoying their May Day holidays.

Operation Odessa

A train from Kharkov arrived in Odessa on May 2 at 8.00 am carrying fans of the Metallist soccer club, including some “ultras” who were taking part in the operation. In addition, militants from the “Dnieper-1” Battalion and Right Sector simultaneously entered the city in small groups. Some of the Self-Defense of Maidan militants also arrived from Kiev, most of them by cars. That day the Odessa police were under strict orders not to stop cars with license plates from Kiev, Dnipropetrovsk, and Lvov.

In the afternoon, some of the militants headed toward Sobornaya Square, where those taking part in the “March for a United Ukraine” were scheduled to gather. Their task was to organize  the crowd and lead them to the barricades on Greek Square. A “special operations” group adorned with St. George ribbons donned their balaclavas and marched down Alexandrovsky Avenue. These were the “pro-Russian activists” seen in numerous photos and videos. The provocateurs wore red armbands on their sleeves in order to distinguish themselves from the real, Odessa-based activists. Likewise, the police who had insider information about the details of the operation sported red armbands as well. Unfortunately, some of the real activists, who were not privy to that information, gave in to the provocateurs’ urgings and rushed off to “stop the fascists”.

Many eyewitnesses recorded what happened next. With the support of the police, the supposedly “pro-Russian” provocateurs lined up near the “Afina” shopping center at the intersection of Greek Street and Vice Admiral Zhukov line, where provocateurs from among the soccer fans, including those representing Right Sector and UNA-UNSO, attacked them (which was confirmed even by the pro-Maidan observers). Firearms were used by both sides and both sides suffered fatalities.

The task of distracting the “honest” soccer fans from the game and directing the crowd toward Kulikovo Field had been fully accomplished. The provocateurs that had incited the crowd then retreated to the “Afina” shopping center, where they were later taken away by the police. They had suffered injuries but no fatalities.While the confrontations were underway on Greek Square, a group of Right Sector thugs were preparing the main part of the operation, code-named “Ha’ola” – from the phrase “Mizbeach Ha’ola”, which in Hebrew means “the altar of burnt offering”. They slipped into the House of Trade Unions through the back entrance and fortified their positions in the basement and the attic. This group contained only proven fighters who were experienced killers.

While the crowds of people were moving through the city’s centre from Greek Square to Kulikovo Field, some of the provocateurs got into cars and sped ahead of most of the crowd, rushing into the tent camp and inciting a panic by shouting “Right Sector is on its way!” and “They’re coming to kill you!” and so on. Led by the provocateurs, many activists entered the House of Trade Unions instead of scattering throughout the city. Some of them went down to the basement from which no one emerged alive – there they were tortured, killed, and butchered with machetes. Others headed upstairs. Gasoline was mixed with napalm to form deadly, acrid carbon monoxide. The recipe for these deadly cocktails was created by chemists from Independence Square, but they were not used there. In Odessa, the mixture was employed for the first time and this was no accident: a massacre with a large number of fatalities was needed in order to terrorise the entire country.

The “battle” for the House of Trade Unions lasted several hours – during which time some of the militants pretended to mount a resistance by tossing Molotov cocktails from the roof, while others methodically butchered, strangled, and incinerated their victims. In order to ensure that the fire could not be extinguished, water was completely shut off to the building.

After “Ha’ola” was complete, the Right Sector murderers fled the building through the side and rear exits and left town. The police then entered the structure. The number that became the official death toll – 46 – included only the dead on the upper floors of the building. The majority of the victims, who were in the basement, were not counted. The exact number of dead is unlikely to ever be known, but most sources claim that between 120 and 130 were killed.

This appalling event, the worst atrocity since the civil wars in Yugoslavia, has been studiously ignored by the so-called “rule of law” countries in western Europe and especially the EU bloc which continues to provide political and financial support for the illegal and murderous Kiev Junta which authored the entire plan.

 In recent weeks, as described above, activist supporters of the persecuted people of Odessa are organising public exhibitions of photographs of the murders which are shocking decent people in many European cities and raising the demand for a full International investigation of these crimes against humanity and the bringing of the perpetrators to justice however long it takes.

No comments: